Recently, the Canadian government announced $10 billion in new infrastructure initiatives. $2 billion of this will be invested in large-scale building retrofits to increase energy efficiency and reduce carbon emissions.
Existing buildings will still constitute at least 50% of the building stock in 2050. De-carbonizing these buildings is essential to mitigate the impacts of climate change.
Upgrading and renewal of existing buildings can often have a smaller carbon footprint than tearing down and building new.
At AME Group, our team’s primary purpose is to reduce the carbon emissions associated with existing buildings. Some of the ways we do so:
- We have a dedicated team focused on reducing energy consumption and eliminating carbon emissions associated with existing buildings.
- We help our clients leverage utility and government incentives to fund building upgrades.
- We have the design experience to successfully implement complex energy retrofits.
- We leverage AME’s design, analysis and Cx services to provide full-service retrofits.
The AME Building Energy Services Team (BEST) works closely with building owners within their existing buildings to leverage maintenance activities and life-cycle equipment replacements to reduce building energy consumption and GHG emissions. The following are some of the relevant services offered by AME BEST:
- Facility energy & water audits.
- Energy and low-carbon retrofit feasibility & utility incentive studies.
- Facility Energy and Low-carbon transition master planning.
- Full-service energy and electrification retrofits.
- Building Automation System (BAS) optimization and upgrades.
- Measurement & Verification (M&V) for completed projects (new construction & retrofits).
- Climate change adaption studies.
- Thermal comfort surveys and studies.
- Facility mechanical system assessments and capital planning.
Our team specializing in full-service energy retrofits in collaboration with our internal Commissioning Team and our clients’ preferred contractors. Our full-service implementation incorporate a number of services listed above as a complete service from project inception through to operation. As part of this service we offer prime consulting services to ensure we have the right sub-consultants on the team to provide seamless and successful implementation.
Our extensive design experience and holistic understanding of complex mechanical systems sets us apart from other energy consultants. This experience means we are able to identify and successfully implement high-impact solutions appropriate to the building type and system type under consideration. We regularly leverage the experience of our sector leads as needed for specific building types such as recreation and healthcare.
Through sustainable renewal of existing buildings, we build our legacy by building yours.