Sydney Community Safety Building (CSB)
AME has been retained as mechanical consultant for the Town of Sidney’s new Community Safety Building (CSB). The new 3-storey building will be approximately 28,200 sq.ft. in size and comprises a fire hall with four double apparatus bays, an on-site training tower and training area, and a three-bay BC Ambulance Service plus associated support facilities. It will also serve as the Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) for Sidney’s growing community.
In addition to being seismically “post disaster” rated, other key features of Sidney’s new Community Safety Building (CSB) include:
- Turn out gear storage room with a dedicated HVAC system to isolate off-gassing of gear exposed to fire and hazardous atmospheres from contaminating common spaces with carcinogens and other fire bi-products
- a decontamination room and dedicated male and female locker rooms with shower facilities
- a training apron with adequate space for firefighters to safely drill and hone their skills
- a training tower that emulates the stairwell/standpipe firefighting tactics that are more representative of the built form in the Town of Sidney
- flex spaces allowing multiple training rooms and Emergency Operation Centre (EOC) configurations to support all providers of emergency services to the Town of Sidney
Construction of Sidney’s new CSB is expected to complete in summer 2018.