The Glencoe Club – Renovations and Facility Expansion
AME has a long-standing relationship with The Glencoe Club (The Club); a private sports and social club in Calgary’s South West. In 2013, when the Club recognized the need to expand its services to accommodate the requirements of its members, AME was engaged as mechanical consultant through Gibbs Gage Architects to design a major renovation and a 60,000 sq.ft. addition to the existing facility.
A new wing was added to the West side of the facility to substantially increase the Club’s fitness centre and to accommodate new fitness spaces, including yoga studios, an indoor playground, a state-of-the-art climbing area, new locker rooms, and ancillary spaces. A new waterslide and outdoor hotub were added and the existing outdoor pool deck and drainage were also upgraded. The renovation and expansion project completed in September 2016.
Over the years, AME has also completed various renovations within the existing Glencoe Club facility, including:
- Replacement of the existing steam boilers, controls and valves with a new high-efficiency, gas-fired hydronic boiler system and digital controls
- Replacement of the existing central domestic hot water systems
- Reconfiguration of the boys’ and girls’ change rooms into a new wellness centre, IT room and staff offices
- Addition of a daycare and ancillary spaces in the lower level of the main building
- Addition of dehumidification in the ice and curling rinks
- A major renovation of the existing curling lounge
- Reconfiguration of the golf and pro shops
- Addition of cooling in the main commercial kitchen
AME has an ongoing relationship with The Glencoe Club and will continue to provide mechanical consulting services at this facility as and when required.