True North Square
True North Square is a $400 million downtown multi-use LEED Gold targeted development in the heart of downtown Winnipeg. The overall development of 1 million sq.ft. will comprise four towers to include office, hotel, residential, retail and parking.
Phase 1 of this iconic development will consist of two towers: a 17-storey Class A office tower and a 24-storey mixed-use commercial and residential tower.
Phase 2 will contain both a Sutton Hotel and a Sutton Residences tower.
True North Square will be the first development of its scale in downtown Winnipeg. AME is currently working with PCL, Perkins+Will, the owner groups, and other team members towards successful completion of this project.
Key Features and Amenities:
- Tower 1: The Scotiabank Tower. This 365,000 sq.ft. 17-storey office tower will flank the outdoor plaza. Expected completion in 2018.
- Tower 2: A 240,000 sq.ft. 24-storey mixed-use building with retail, residences, and offices. Expected completion in 2019.
- Tower 3: The Sutton Place Hotel. A 27-storey, 275-suite high-rise hotel.
- Tower 4: The Sutton Place Residences. A 17-storey, 130-unit residential tower. The Residences will share facilities with the hotel.
- Outdoor Plaza: An outdoor 2-acre public plaza featured between Towers 1 and 2. It will be used to host festivals, community events, and sporting events