Burnaby Auto Mall is a 3-phase project covering 354,000 sq.ft. of land in the city’s Still Creek area. AME provided Mechanical Consulting services for Phase 1; a new 3-storey Destination Toyota dealership. Phase 1 includes:Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
- Office spaces
- Three-bay express lube/service areas
- 27 auto mechanic service bays
- Three detailing bays
- An ultra-modern carwash facility
- 12,500 sq.ft. autobody shop, including three down draft paint booths
- 9,000 sq.ft. indoor showroom
- 17,000 sq.ft. rooftop glazed showroom
The service spaces are ventilated with heat recovery ventilator units to efficiently recycle and reap the benefits from the large volume of wasted heat in the exhaust air of the service spaces.
AME championed an integrated design process with the Owner’s specialty equipment supplier, resulting in a scope matrix that clearly outlined deliverables for both the specialty auto equipment supplier and mechanical trade contractor, enhancing the communication and construction process.